USB-C Retimer Solutions
Matterhorn is a product family of USB Type-C retimer solutions that leverages our unique low-power SerDes technology that extend reach with low latency and flexibility in a wide range of source or sink applications.
USB Type-C 40 Gbps multiprotocol switch and bit-level retimer. Package: 4x4mm FCCSPDownload Product Brief
The Matterhorn, KB8001 supports the following key features:
- USB4 Gen2, Gen3 signaling (20 and 40 Gbps)
- USB 3.2 Super Speed+ signaling (5, 10 and 20 Gbps)
- DisplayPort 1.4 (8.1, 5.4, 2.7 and 1.62 Gbps) x1, x2, x4
- Thunderbolt 3, 2 (20.625 and 10.3125 Gbps)
- On-chip diagnostics including; Eye Scope and BER monitors
- PRBS pattern generators and loopback modes (Protocol + Line Level)
- TWI connects to the PD controller for initialization and control
- Compact 4x4mm FCCSP package for small form factor designs.
Switch and bidirectional retimer which supports USB4 Gen2, Gen3, USB 3.2 Gen 1, Gen 2, DisplayPort 1.4a and Thunderbolt 2, 3 on the same USB-C connector.
Low BOM Cost
Integrated DC Blocking capacitors, analog Mux, pull-up / pull-down resistors for multiple protocols, and no requirement for external EEPROM.
Easy to Debug
On-chip diagnostics include Eye Scope and BER monitors. Loopback modes with pattern generation and line verification testing.
Bidirectional architecture which supports both source and sink applications. Therefore, cable manufacturers do not need to worry about orientation.
Support for RX equalization with up to 30 dB of frequency dependent loss at the Nyqvist frequency of 10.3125 GHz, and TX de-emphasis up to 8 dB which enables active cables beyond 2 meters.
Autonomous Rx Equalization (ARxE™)
Dynamic correction for extreme channel characteristics providing a hardware and software independent solution that go beyond the current USB / Thunderbolt standards.