USB-C® Retimer Solutions
Matterhorn is a product family of USB Type-C retimer solutions. It leverages our unique low-power SerDes technology that extend reach with low latency and flexibility in a wide range of source or sink applications.
USB Type-C 40 Gbit/s multiprotocol switch and bit-level retimer. Package: 4x4mm FCCSPDownload Product Brief
USB Type-C 40 Gbit/s multiprotocol switch and bit-level retimer. Package: 5x5mm FCCSPDownload Product Brief
KB8002 Evaluation Kit
Evaluation Kit for KB8002 (KB8002-EVK-ST)Download Product Brief
Matterhorn supports the following key features:
- USB4 Gen2, Gen3 signaling (20 and 40 Gbit/s)
- USB 3.2 SuperSpeed+ signaling (5 and 10 Gbit/s)
- DisplayPort 1.4 (8.1, 5.4, 2.7 and 1.62 Gbit/s) x1, x2, x4
- Thunderbolt™ 3, 2 (20.625 and 10.3125 Gbit/s)
- On-chip diagnostics including: Eye Scope and BER monitors
- TWI connects to the PD controller for initialization and control
- Two package options:
- KB8001: 4x4mm FCCSP package for small form factor designs
- KB8002: 5x5mm FCCSP package designed for manufacture
Switch and bidirectional retimer which supports USB4 Gen2, Gen3, USB 3.2 Gen1, Gen2, DisplayPort 1.4a and Thunderbolt 2, 3 on the same USB-C connector.
Low BOM Cost
No requirement for serial memory which enables reduced BOM cost.
SerDes architecture and crossbar logic supports both source and sink applications.
Low Active Power
Low active power in USB4 and DP-ALT modes, which saves power when connected to USB4 / DP devices.
Fully compliant to standards for USB4, USB 3.2 and DisplayPort 1.4a.
Autonomous RX Equalization (ARxE™)
Superior channel performance by dynamically correcting for extreme channel characteristics with no tuning.